The future of food trade between the UK and EU and fears about the lowering of food safety standards if a bilateral deal is struck with the US, took centre stage over the past month, as Brexit negotiations began. The UK government has softened its stance on a ‘hard Brexit’, having listened to the arguments from business leaders that a “transitional deal” was necessary after March 2019. But many still fear th...
Conflict is fraught with misunderstanding. Managing it effectively takes concerted effort to slow things down and understand how others are seeing the conflict. One example of the confusion is illustrated by recent research by Dr. Gabrielle Adams from the London Business School and Harvard University. In her studies Dr. Adams found that people who feel attacked often miscalibrate their interpretations of the incide...
Part of Kathy Caprino's Series "Living and Working Better" For many years during my 18-year corporate career, I remained in a number of roles I disliked, and a few of them were a terrible fit. Now I see that there were some critical factors that influenced my strong resistance to make the changes I needed to, including worries about money, self-esteem issues, confusion as to what I really wanted, reluctance to...
- IFF Appoints Frank Clyburn as Chief Executive Officer and Board Director; Separates Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Roles
- BGG World appoints Shaheen Majeed as CEO of its three key subsidiaries
- Are you in a relationship with a co-worker? Read this first
- The interview: Erik Visser, CEO of Hamlet Protein
- CEO meets CEO: Olivier and Tjerk have a coffee