CPL Executive Search is seeking an internationally experienced Technical Sales Manager with knowledge of US or APAC territories to represent a fast growing UK-based life science company that develops proprietary natural healthcare products from active compounds found in plants. Clients include B2B supplement, food and beverage ingredients, in addition to pharmaceutical companies, wishing to make benefit claims with the incorporation of efficacious natural products. In addition, clients also include B2C such as OTC manufacturers.
• Drive technical sales and marketing to achieve profitable business growth and commercial success.
• Cultivate and develop multi-level relationships with existing, and potential, customers.
• Manage projects and sales processes in response to customer briefing. Anticipate, investigate and troubleshoot complaints and resolve problems with customers.
• Collaborate cross functionally, and cross regionally, to support the overall goals of the Company.
• Develop, support and communicate business development strategy and tactical plans inline with sales goals and business growth.
• Understand and utilize proprietary technology to deliver unique solutions to the marketplace. Proactively lead and support the sales and marketing of new products.
• New product development proactive feedback of competitors, new products, trends and technologies in the market.
• Lead technical presentations to customers and key opinion leaders.
• Understand food/supplement regulations and regional variations thereof.
• Attend and present at exhibitions, seminars and key trade fairs.
• Provide support, as required, for clinical studies and communicate results to existing and potential clients.
• Strong consultative sales approach capable of starting, building, closing and managing sales and accounts and keen to ‘take ownership’.
• Possess an energetic, ‘can do‘, approach and purposeful attitude to the job and be comfortable in a small, innovative, ‘scale up’ and creative company culture.
• Relentless attitude to sales, ‘go-getter’ with a dynamic approach, strongly motivated, self-starter, with strong business acumen and entrepreneurial attitude and team player.
• Must be technically credible in presenting to senior management and R&D executives.
• Highly trustworthy and strong transparent oral and written communicator with clients and colleagues at all levels and disciplines.
• Strong service and product based approach, with established business networks and a passion for the fusion and complementarity between health, food and technologies.
• Able to screen prospective clients to prioritise those appearing profitable and sustainable.
• Happy to travel internationally (30%). Able to understand different regional and cultural approaches to business and etiquette
• Good strategic thinker, both linear and lateral, and highly organised and able to prioritise workload.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Food Science or Technology, Food Engineering or Chemistry with post-graduate degree or MBA.
• At least 5-10 years proven track record in technical sales and marketing, preferably in North American and APAC markets or had experience of related global accounts.
• Experience with bio-active/functional products selling into the food and beverage, supplements, nutraceuticals, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical ingredient markets.
• Proven track record of new business development achievement from networking and opportunity identification, through to qualification, negotiation and closing.
• Highly developed verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
• Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to provide customers with innovative business and technical solutions.
• Proven management and influencing skills including motivating and inspiring colleagues to fulfil opportunities.
• Current and clean driver’s license.
LOCATION Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
PACKAGE Competitive with bonus and/or stock options, pension and medical care
LANGUAGE Ideally English and another (European) language would be useful
[This post has now been filled but we are always interested in adding suitably qualified candidates to our network. You can connect to us via LinkedIn or by email. Please note that CPL Executive Search works exclusively on retained executive search engagements commissioned by our clients and does not offer placement services or find positions for candidates].