CPL Executive Search is assisting a fast-growing Global natural food colours and ingredients company in looking for a highly experienced Technical Director based in Europe. They will manage the successful and efficient operations of 3 different locations of the Colour Product Development, Applications, and Technical Support European Departments.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical knowledge and experience of the food colour Industry as well as a thorough understanding of the production/manufacturing processes. The candidate will also have excellent project management skills, a successful track record and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Manage the project portfolio and pipeline for Europe, monitoring and ensuring all required metrics are met consistently on a monthly basis. Ensure the annual budgetary requirements for the department are met
- Able to develop, implement and deploy strategic and organization plans for the laboratory teams in Europe
- Travel with the sales team as required, providing technical support and conducting customer presentations as needed
- Oversee and review all project activity for Colour Applications and Product Development
- Report metrics for the departments
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Range of product management responsibilities across the product range
- Understand and has knowledge of the principles of colour chemistry and colour measurement
- Understand the chemistry and performance of food ingredients used in colour formulations. Formulate new products involving colours, as required
- Deliver superior technical expertise, presentations and training to customers for value added service
- Review and approve specifications for colours manufactured and distributed by the company, as required
- Approve specifications of raw materials and packing material used for colours manufactured by the company, as required.
- Approve testing methods for colours manufactured by the company, as required
- Review customer specifications and determine compliance of company products, with a clear understanding of customer requirements
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations and where required, globally, keeping current with any regulatory changes within the region
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing the specifications and use of colours and colour blends manufactured, or distributed, by the company
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing the specifications and use of colours and colour blends manufactured or distributed by the company for all laboratories in Europe
- Review and approve testing methods for colours manufactured by the company
- Report to the VP Global Colour Applications and R&D, who based in US, and performs any other related job assigned. Has administrative reporting to the Regional CEO-Europe
- Relocation maybe required to the European facility
- Strongly motivated, self-starter, with strong business acumen and entrepreneurial attitude
- Must be credible and professional in all communications and activities
- Highly trustworthy and strong transparent communicator
- Work well in a team but is able to work and manage their own workload without local supervision
- Must be highly organised
- Works well with short timelines and multiple tasks
- Minimum MSc in Chemistry, Food Science, Food Engineering, or related field
- Four year degree or MBA or related area beneficial, but not required
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in the food or related industry. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience as noted above is acceptable.
- Minimum five 5 years management experience, managing people and in project management
- Experience with program/system planning, staff development, statistical reporting/analysis and cost/benefit analysis preferred
- In-depth understanding and practical experience with production/manufacturing preferred
- Ability to apply common-sense to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Work requires excellent ability and skills to manage people, set goals and obtain positive results for competence development and the overall growth of the company
- Work requires excellent written, verbal and group presentation communication skills
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Interviews will be remote by Skype or phone with final interviews taking place at the Head office with senior members of the company
TEL: +44 1865 257 252 for an informal discussion
Please contact CPL Executive Search or telephone +44 1865 257 252 for a confidential, informal discussion.
[This post has now been filled but we are always interested in adding suitably qualified candidates to our network. You can connect to us via LinkedIn or by email. Please note that CPL Executive Search works exclusively on retained executive search engagements commissioned by our clients and does not offer placement services or find positions for candidates].