A new and exciting challenge for a creative, results orientated and commercially focused Technical Director, with proven record of relationship building, leadership and communication skills, to develop and drive innovation management and to increase sales of new products, in order to grow the enzymes business to meet Company targets.
The role involves leading a technical team and managing innovation in enzymes across a number of applications in food, beverage and animal nutrition. This will involve developing close links with technical institutions, universities, customers and other Business Units. It will also be necessary to ensure new product launches are adequately supported during commercialisation.
Our client is a global leader in the development and manufacture of innovative, functional and nutritional ingredients for the pharmaceutical, food and beverage industries. The organization has an entrepreneurial and empowering culture, which promotes and rewards executive performance and accountability for delivering results.
You must have
- PhD level in Microbiology, Enzymology, Biochemistry or Fermentation Technology.
- Good knowledge and strong track record of enzymes and the development of new enzyme products, including the use of classical mutation and GM technology, enzyme fermentation and purification.
- Understanding of the application of enzymes in the food and animal nutrition industries.
- Minimum of 7 years working in an innovative enzyme business or organisation within a “bio” industry.
- Successful management of innovation from idea through to working with market teams and new product commercialisation.
- Structured approach to tasks and ability for clear strategic thinking.
- Capable of concise reporting, with good communication and presentation skills.
Rewards include an attractive salary commensurate with the level of experience, with all the benefits of working for a world-leading company.
TEL: +44 1491 8222844 for an informal discussion.