CPL Executive Search has been retained as the exclusive search and selection (recruitment) company to look for a senior microbiologist with industrial experience in food microbiology applied research to join a world class team in our Client’s Microbiology Food Safety Group. The main thrust of the job will be to initiate and manage projects which lead to safety improvements in both existing and prospective new food & beverages.
Our Client has an outstanding reputation in food and nutrition research that has benefited consumers for over a century. By bringing together its knowledge in Nutrition and Health, Food Science, Food / Consumer Interaction, Food Quality and Safety, our Client opens the way to develop Good Food and Good Life: to offer tasty foods that procure health as well as pleasure for their consumers.
In this global and multicultural environment, they deploy some of the best scientists in the world. They have one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences.
With 700 members of staff from 50 nations, our Client has a strong position in the international scientific community supported further by 332 outside scientific contracts and currently generating around 250 scientific publications a year.
- To provide scientific advice and expertise to its R&D Centres and Operations in the area of Food Microbiology (support for HACCP studies, trouble shooting, root cause analysis of incidents and pathogen monitoring).
- To perform microbiological risk assessment of existing and new products through project management and technical assistance.
- To identify and follow-up emerging microbiological issues to be addressed by the Company in order to prevent contamination of the food supply.
- PhD in Microbiology with several years of relevant experience in the area of pathogens, spoilage micro-organisms, microbiology risk assessment and HACCP.
- Strong scientific background with previous experience in R&D and/or Operations, ideally in industry or in a Research Association/Research Institute.
- Functional leadership to align behind set objectives.
- Scientific insight to identify company needs.
- Fluency in English with effective oral and written communications skills.
- Project management skills and good networking ability.
- Team player
- Results oriented
- Problem solver
- Able to take initiatives
- Service orientated
REPORTS TO Manager, Microbiological Food Safety Group
LOCATION Western Europe.
LANGUAGE The working language is English and fluency is mandatory. The ability to speak French will be beneficial, but a willingness to learn is encouraged.
TEL: +44 1865 257 252 for informal discussion.