Responsible for driving and administrating the Flavours and Fruit Pieces category strategy and managing the commercial relationship with the supply base. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to deliver maximum value in terms of price and innovation to the business, whilst maintaining and developing Quality, Supply Assurance and Service Standards.
You will have accountability for sourcing approximately 500 Tonnes of flavours and fruit pieces, made up of approximately 200 items, mainly from European Suppliers within the agreed budget of ca. £8 million.
Our Client is a major international manufacturer of branded beverage products, and its products are sold in over 100 countries throughout the world.
- Negotiate the price of all flavours and fruit pieces for optimum value, both for existing items and new items introduced through the NPD process.
- Prepare and manage budget recommendations for flavour and fruit piece standard costs.
- Initiate and implement Flavour and Fruit Piece cost reduction projects.
- Provide commercial input to NPD projects, including those which could introduce new flavours to the business.
- Develop the Company´s Flavour Strategy, including ongoing rationalization of flavours and suppliers and identification and evaluation of potential new suppliers.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a Business related discipline.
- Proven commercial / supplier management and a minimum of 5 years of strategic ingredients procurement experience, perhaps gained within the flavour industry.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Persuasive quality, with ability to negotiate, engage and convince.
- Proven initiative and strategic thinking.
- High degree of cultural sensitivity.
REPORTS TO Commodities Director
LOCATION Company’s Headquarters in UK
LANGUAGE The working language is English and fluency is mandatory.
TEL +44 1491 822 844 for an informal discussion.