Global Product Manager – Excipients and Pharmaceuticals Delivery (e.g. Gel Caps)
CPL is looking for a Global Product Manager with experience in pharmaceuticals delivery (e.g. capsules) and developing international territories, for a client looking to develop and grow its excipients business in the pharmaceutical and medical devices sectors.
The company is renowned for its naturally derived, highly functional healthcare products, which are sold as B2B ingredients (e.g. excipients and active peptides) and developed B2C products sold into OTC manufacturing (e.g. gel caps), pharmaceuticals, medical devices, surgical and post-surgical sectors.
The post will involve development of the existing pharmaceutical business for a range of proprietary offerings, working closely with commercial and technical colleagues.
CPL seeks an individual with a strong blend of business and technical knowledge, a flair for strategic thinking and a drive for business development. The candidate should have an entrepreneurial and customer service-centric mindset, as well as good analytical skills and a pragmatic ability for problem resolution.
- You are responsible for developing the company growth strategy for the pharma segment through thorough understanding of the market/competition/customer needs and opportunities
- You draw evolving 3 year growth plans by developing a strategic roadmap to reach concrete targets and KPI’s
- You deliver upon the pharma strategy by working closely with other departments on the implementation of the strategic roadmap actions.
Market/competition/customer analysis and development
- You drive business development by identifying target markets and prospects, understanding the customers’ buying process and supporting sales in converting leads.
- You identify and size global and regional market opportunities, competitor strategies and technology trends
- You design and execute market research projects to assess relevant current and future market, technology and customer opportunities
- You are in the market in order to stay in close contact with all market players
- You search for opportunities to broaden your network towards applications, existing or future, were the company is not present yet
- You investigate and propose possible external partnerships
- You ensure that the company is the preferred business partner of our customers. You network within the pharma industry, universities and R&D centers to detect new trends to translate them in opportunities for the company. Together with the sales team you build good relationships with key accounts and you ensure that the customer’s needs are captured and transformed in opportunities, potential issues have been escalated and secure that required actions are taken
Product Portfolio and Innovation
- You develop clear Product Line Architectures: incl. identification and sizing opportunities, JTBD, solution value mapping, price positioning,
- You organize meetings with broader teams for fostering ideations and brainstorm on possible road blocks
- You work within the PMO framework and Stage Gate process for innovation: you are responsible to lead New Product Development projects – from ideation to product launch. You defend the ideas at the Innovation Steering Committee, you provide business cases and deliver the project according to the milestones set
- You are responsible for the launch of new products and their successful market introduction
Be the internal champion and point-of-contact for the Pharma segment
- You set up and steer a cross-functional pharma team (R&D, Application Development & Support, Production, Regulatory, Product Marketing, Sales,…) to ensure alignment, focus and transparent communication
- You are point of first reference for all pharma related enquiries
- You advise the organization in implementing the necessary quality systems, required for the Pharma Business
- You report to the Global Marketing & Product Development Director
- On a regular basis you will present the update of the actions at the BU Management Team
The Candidate will network within the pharma industry, universities and R&D centres in detecting new trends which he/she will translate into opportunities for the Company. Together with the sales team, the Candidate will build good relationships with key accounts ensuring customer needs are captured and transformed into opportunities, while identifying and remediating for any potential issues. Reporting to the Global Marketing Director.
- A unique blend of business and technical knowledge; incorporating strategic thinking and a drive for business development, while also maintaining and optimising technical support and defining new service standards.
- Keen to ‘take ownership’, with an entrepreneurial and customer-centric mindset.
- Good analytical skills and a pragmatic problem solver.
- Excellent networking skills, and someone who is result-oriented.
- A strong oral and written communicator, who is capable and confident in creating and delivering regular presentations to update the Business Unit Management Team.
- Strong service and product-based approach, with the ability to communicate to customers and colleagues at all levels and disciplines.
- Happy to travel internationally (30%). Should understand different regional and cultural approaches to business and etiquette.
- Good strategic thinker, who is highly organised and able to prioritise his/her workload.
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant Master’s Degree (e.g. Life Sciences, Chemistry, Food Science or Technology, Food Engineering).
- Strong interest in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with 8 or more years relevant experience in pharma delivery (capsules).
- A very good understanding of Sales and Marketing methodologies.
- Highly developed verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Skills as an influencer, including motivating and inspiring colleagues to fulfil opportunities.
Location: Europe (Belgium)
Package: Competitive - with bonus
Language: Fluency in English, with additional languages a plus
Tel: +44 1865 257 252 or +44 1865 257058 for an informal discussion
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org