An exciting challenge for an experienced, commercially savvy and driven individual for the dynamic role of Global Head – Animal Health and Ingredients to be based in the USA. Candidates will have the vision and strategic thinking for leading this global effort for building the company into a market leader in its sector.
Our Client started life as a small start-up in 1972, to become a global company manufacturing and distributing a range of synthetic and natural products created for a multitude of applications – Food and Beverages, Pet Food, Animal Feed, Cosmetics and Industrial applications. Its flagship Animal Health and Nutrition products have health-boosting and fertility-enhancing roles. With offices in 15 countries, 11 manufacturing centres and strong research capability which includes 8 application centres, our Client is a success story scripted by innovation, and continues to collaborate with its associates to develop new, creative products.
- Evolve and deploy strategy for our Client’s animal feed products in alignment with the company’s vision/ strategy to be a market leader globally in food ingredients and other allied product lines.
- Assume direct functional responsibility globally for Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, F&A, HR and other allied function for the division.
- Benchmark with “best in class” global companies and ensure adherence to world class quality standards, process orientation and vendor compliance.
- Achievement of strategic business and marketing plans.
- Effective planning and implementation for market development and brand building.
- Focus on delivering customer satisfaction and needs.
- Oversee revenue generation, costs, accounting and profitability.
- Work collaboratively with R&D for product development and improvement.
- Ensure comprehensive understanding of competitive analysis.
- Identify and drive initiatives related to technology, manufacturing and quality.
- Create necessary programmes related to HR and people management.
- Basic technical knowledge for Animal Feed and Nutrition.
- Sales experience and commercial awareness.
- Strong understanding for the US market and appreciation for the Rest Of the World.
- Negotiation skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking
- Entrepreneurial drive
Appropriate First Degree, MSc/PhD and/or MBA an advantage. Strong commercial background with technical knowledge of Animal Science, Nutrition and Feed manufacturing. An excellent understanding for Animal Health and Nutrition ingredients business is essential and good appreciation for the global market is important.
REPORTS TO Board of Directors
LOCATION United States of America
LANGUAGE English, fluency is essential, additional languages are a bonus.
TEL: +44 1491 822 844 for an informal discussion.