An exciting challenge for a technically strong and commercially savvy individual to lead and manage Chemical Synthesis teams and to globally co-ordinate chemical process transfers from R&D to Production.
- Lead and develop Chemical Synthesis teams, covering all scientific, people, projects and investments aspects.
- Effective planning and implementation for market development and brand building.
- Co-ordinate globally chemical process transfers activities from R&D to chemical plants.
- Develop a technical interface with partners in the Fine Chemical industry.
- Provide scientific and project leadership by proposing, leading and critically reviewing R&D projects.
- Ensure that teams are adequately trained, skilled, organised and motivated.
- Maintain and improve the leadership position for our Client with respect to innovation.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with passion for Synthetic Chemistry and sound knowledge/experience in Chemical Engineering.
- At least 8-10 years relevant experience in the chemical industry with a proven track record in team and project management.
- Capacity to work independently, good organisational skills and priority oriented.
- Curious, open-minded with excellent communication skills.
- Business acumen.
- Proven ability to facilitate change.
REPORTS TO Vice President, Chemical Synthesis
LANGUAGE Fluent in English. A second language is a bonus.
TEL: +44 1865 257 252 for an informal discussion.