- POSITION : BUSINESS CONSULTANT
- COMPANY : CPL Business Consultants – www.cplconsult.com
- LOCATION : Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA
- SALARY : Dependent on Qualifications and Experience
The position of Business Consultant offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified person to join a small, well-established and growing consultancy business. The position requires an ambitious self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills combined with an ability to think logically, laterally and to develop new ideas and conclusions from facts and opinions. The role is an opportunity for an intelligent and flexible individual to expand on his experience in many aspects of business development consultancy focusing on the life science industries.
CPL is a privately owned company that has been established >30 years and has worked with ~ 150 clients on over 300 projects. CPL Business Consultants provides strategic business development advice and has successfully built strong professional relationships, having extensive networks in food, functional food, dietary supplements, animal feed/food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. Our clients are medium to large sized blue-chip, reputable and high profile international players in the ingredient industries and ~70% of our work is commissioned by previous clients.
CPL is now in a phase of planned growth and is seeking an enthusiastic, diligent, intelligent, professional Business Consultant who would like to be an integral part of our team helping us to take our business to the next level.
CPL Mission: To provide valuable, relevant, intelligible and practicable information and advice to our clients. To provide a bespoke, personal service tailored to the needs of our clients, ‘Telling clients what they need to know rather than what they want to hear.’
CPL Executive Search, our sister company, provides a confidential search and selection service to recruit world-class executives in technically based sectors.
- PhD in a scientific discipline required; MBA would be desirable but not essential.
- >3 years commercial work experience is desirable.
- Willing to move to Oxford area to work with CPL.
- Looking for longer term career commitment as an important member of the team taking the company to the next stage in its growth.
- Intellectually curious.
- Able to acquire, align, analyse and assimilate information within tight deadlines.
- Excellent fluency in English with impeccable written communication skills; additional languages an advantage.
- Computer/software literate, advanced internet search skills, highly numerate.
- Self starter, enthusiastic, diligent, resourceful, lateral thinker with excellent social skills.
- A team player but able to work independently.
- Hold a driving licence and freedom to travel
- Achieve client satisfaction initially by working to deadlines on client reports, followed by managing projects to completion.
- Investigate technical and commercial topics in the food, biotechnology, agriculture and related sectors.
- Organise written material in clear, concise, grammatically correct English. Create graphics and spreadsheets of data.
- Analyse market data using business models, simplify complex subjects, present findings internally and externally, help generate market projections and contributing to client recommendations.
- Assimilate findings and independently contribute to meetings and discussions with senior executives from clients.
- Attend exhibitions, conferences and business meetings, nationally and globally, as required and help develop relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Attract new clients.
For more information please visit our website on www.cplconsult.com or telephone +44 1491 822 844
APPLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org via email with your CV in pdf format