Dr Robert Harwood
Dr Robert Harwood is the Managing Director of CPL Scientific Group and CPL Business Consultants. Robert joined CPL in 2002 and supports CPL Executive Search as a researcher, using his networks and experience of >20 years. In addition, with CPL Business Consultants, he has worked on around 200 strategy consultancy engagements. This included projects on markets, technologies, growth strategies and acquisitions. He has advised companies on post-merger integration and organisational structure. Also, alongside strategy projects he has worked on projects for Private Equity, finding new blood for portfolio companies. He has worked for sectors that include food ingredients, biopesticides, feed additives, fine chemicals, cosmetics and intra-ocular lenses.
Before CPL, Robert spent five years in new product development and regulatory work with Charles River, a contract research laboratory. Robert did his MBA at Edinburgh University, his PhD at the University of Southampton and his BSc at Imperial College London. In addition, he has completed the Oxford Private Equity Programme at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. Dr Robert Harwood is a Fellow of the Institute of Food Science and Technology and the Royal Entomological Society. He is a Member of the Institute of Food Technologists and the Society of Feed Technologists.
- IFF Appoints Frank Clyburn as Chief Executive Officer and Board Director; Separates Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Roles
- BGG World appoints Shaheen Majeed as CEO of its three key subsidiaries
- Are you in a relationship with a co-worker? Read this first
- The interview: Erik Visser, CEO of Hamlet Protein
- CEO meets CEO: Olivier and Tjerk have a coffee