Our client is looking for a Product Manager to manage bulk natural ingredients products in the cosmetic, nutraceutical, ingredient, supplement, biotechnology and pharmaceutical markets. This position will manage the existing natural ingredients, and take responsibility for managing the development of new products to grow the business. Due to recent rapid growth, the company seeks a talented and self-motivated individual with flair to develop its business globally and the tenacity and drive to succeed in a fast-paced company environment.
- Representing a global testing facility and ingredient company in S.E. UK, this position would suit an individual hoping to develop his/her career in product management.
- The successful candidate will adopt a market based approach to identify companies or partners for co-development opportunities.
- They will manage the product portfolio at both B2B and B2C levels.
- In addition, this person will seek to develop marketing materials to help the company successfully launch products for its clients.
- Manage both ingredient and final formulation products through all processes including human volunteer testing to introduction and launch in a structured and transparent way.
- Prepare support materials for introduction and launch of client’s portfolio products.
- The position will report to the CEO and CSO.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will represent the company at trade fairs, exhibitions, seminars and key meetings, keeping up-to-date with market developments and communicating these to the company.
- Life Science or post-graduate degree
- A solid technical background and experience with nutraceutical or functional ingredients to utilize the proprietary technology and adding value to the products.
- Around 1-3 years product management and/or marketing experience with the ability to develop new products and support the sales process.
- A proactive, professional attitude and passion for fusing health, food and technology.
- The ability to project manage multiple tasks according to customer briefs to achieve individual and company performance criteria.
- The ability to build strong, multi-level relationships. with internal and external customers, manufacturers, distributors and subsidiaries in partnership with the company.
- Experience in troubleshooting customer issues by anticipating, investigating and resolving them.
- The ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Experience in managing bioactive products within the client’s range of markets via regional or global customers.
- An understanding of the various functional processes involved with the commercial logistics, regulatory, purchasing and scientific requirements of the company.