Senior Quality Manager
CPL is supporting a Europe-based client wishing to integrate a new senior quality manager into its expanding workforce. The company has a turnover well in excess of €50m, reflecting its leading position in rapidly growing sectors. It requires an accomplished, creative quality scientist/technologist with strong proactive management and leadership skills to maintain operational excellence and further develop its Quality systems. The company produces food, feed, health and nutrition products, as well as biotechnology ingredients in its highly specialist business units.
This person will have responsibility for managing a department, as well as a team with the following responsibilities:
• Controlling quality of raw materials, processes and semi-finished products
• Inspection of all internally co-agreed production stages, either required by customers or as statutory framework limits
• Monitoring compliance with legislation relevant to all company products and processes, particularly food, feed and biotechnology
• Supporting accreditation of company products to international standards
• Management of the quality control department in the company
• Optimisation of company evaluation and quality assessment tools, as well as administrative processes (labelling, invoicing and delivery)
• Integrating and liaising between all other company departments (Operations, R&D, Marketing, Purchasing, IT, Sales and Customer service) in ongoing optimisation projects
• Working within agreed company targets and budgets
• Visits to international conferences and seminars, monitoring changes in legislation and assessing new methods of quality assurance
• The company has invested in a range of analytical systems and sophisticated reporting tools, (CRM) increasingly integrated in a system with full batch traceability
• Qualifications in food chemistry, food technology, biotechnology or similar
• Experience in managing people
• Proven track record in similar position 7-15 years of experience
• Experience in reporting
• The ability to lead, organize and motivate a team of people
• Strong communicator and assertive
• Dedicated, determined and independent thinker
The person will therefore need an independent style of working yet the ability to lead, combined with a hands-on approach to problem-solving. In addition, the ideal candidate is likely to have a background in food chemistry, food engineering or biotechnology. The candidate must hold a current driving licence and be fluent in 1 or more European languages.
Please contact Mark Bradford by email or phone +44 1491 822 844 or +44 792 082 8048 for more information and a confidential, informal discussion.