Commercial Manager – Wine Ingredients, Southern Europe
Our client is a leading global ingredients player and provides active dried yeast and integrated fermentation solutions for the global wine and beverage market. This exciting new opportunity is for an experienced wine industry expert to further extend its activities in the S. European Wine End Use Market (EUM).
Its R&D efforts (backed by the resources of divisional turnover €1.32b in 2013) have extended its classical portfolio with well-established “next generation” yeasts and fermentation aids.
The role has a large degree of autonomy in commercializing cultures, enzymes, products and technologies plus providing technical/application support.
A recognized technical expert, the individual will be self-motivated, independent, with extensive experience in sales and passion for the industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Consolidate/secure the distribution network for our portfolio and products
• Develop business plans & actions for each distributor/customer/Region
• Assist distributors and their customers with technical, sales and marketing support
• Manage introduction of new wine EUM technologies/Others to market
• Canvass new markets and identify sales opportunities
• Forward a monthly report of the business activity to Manager
• Focus primarily on growing sales of our portfolio/products Southern Europe.
• Ensure distributors/customers are increasing their business with strong focus on Wine key account development
• Set up review and manage distributor agreements as required per growth agenda.
• Provide accurate sales & demand planning forecasts as per current ways of working
• Complete Meeting Reports, 12 week meeting planners and Opportunity Tracker as required
• Provide individual customer sales and marketing strategies aligned to EMEA Wine / Others EUM to REUL
• Monitor sales and provide explanations for growth/decline of volume and/or revenues
• Provide annually detailed sales, marketing and travel budgets
• Work with Marketing team and other Functional leads to develop and deliver marketing materials to market
• Generate and update marketing materials (TDS, posters, leaflets etc.) in each country & language
• Brief Marketing functional lead to develop advertisements, banners, POS materials, etc.
• Assist with contacts to coordinate the marketing campaign in connection with magazine editors, trade shows, etc.
• Attend to main wine tradeshows and conferences to increase brand awareness, promote our portfolio, pick up trends & competitor information, etc.
• Initiate and follow trials with Universities/Institutes and any outsourced partners
• Elaborate technical reports and articles to be published in media (trade mags, Internet)
• Monitor technological and competitive introductions and alert RAL Applications Lead
• Undertake technical visits with distributors’ key accounts & Customers highlighting the technical advantages of our product
• Provide technical support to our customer base during vintage and beyond
• Organize wine tastings to support Client’s wine technologies promotion
• Attend to technical seminars/congresses related to wine / other EUM / technologies
• Present our company, product and technical capabilities in seminars
• Experience on same / similar fields of 5 years ( Min )
• Technical background: in-depth fermentation knowledge, winemaking, quality management, wine tasting, food process engineering, R&D (biotechnology and oenology)
• Business to business, sales and marketing strategy development and implementation
• Behavioral: daily work in multiple languages (English, Italian)
• Project Management, Team player, cross-functional management, cross-cultural competence.
• Salary will be competitive with bonus structure, medical insurance and pension.
• Potentially a 3 stage process via video conference. Psychometric testing maybe used.